One of Africa’s premier stock exchanges is looking to get its youth involved in savings and investing early. It has announced an investment challenge that will start in May and conclude at the end of July. Exercises like this will go a long way to building a pipeline for the country’s financial industry in the future, liquidity to its markets, and financially stable households for a strong middle class in the future. Teams can be one to four members. Below are the details and link to register.
Registration period: Is ongoing.
Competition Period: 1st May 2015 – 31st July 2015
The NSE Investment Challenge 2015 is an online simulation of live trading at the Nairobi Stock Exchange. Each participant will get “Kshs 2 million” virtual startup capital to invest using the NSE real time information for a period of 3 months. The winner will be the team with the highest portfolio value. Prizes are cash prizes,internships at the NSE and certificates.
- To encourage the culture of thrift or saving amongst the youth.
- To assist in investing this savings in productive enterprises e.g through the NSE
- To teach the risks and gains involved while trading at the Nairobi Stock Exchange.
- To popularize stock trading at the Nairobi Stock Exchange with the Kenyan youth.
- To enhance financial management and entrepreneurial skills among the Kenyan youth.
To register click here.